Saturday, April 26, 2014

A - Z Blog Challenge: T


A - Z Blog Challenge: T

Tomato Sauce:
Tomato Sauce is one of those ingredients I always have in my fridge - it is so useful in a variety of ways and substitutes for tomato flavour when I don't have any tomatoes or puree at home. 
  • I use it in mince - not only to add flavour but as a combining agent
  • Add tomato sauce to curries, casseroles and stews for a Moroccan / Mediterranean flavour hit. 
  • Add mixed herbs and tomato sauce to sausage meat to create sensational meat patties
My favourite marinade for chicken pieces is made with Tomato Sauce 

Recipe: Rose's Tommy-Sauce Chicken Pieces serves 4-6

Ingredients: 
  • 4-6 Chicken pieces 
  • 500gm plain Greek yoghurt
  • 1 cup Tomato sauce 
  • 1 tablespoon paprika - smoked or sweet adds extra flavour 
  • 1 teaspoon turmeric - adds a terrific colour to the marinade 
  • Rub marinade all over the chicken pieces, massaging the marinade into the pieces to get maximum flavour, then leave 24 hours. Turning chicken a couple of times in the marinade. 
Method: 
  • Place chicken in to a casserole dish and cook the chicken in the oven at 200°C for 30 – 40 minutes.
  • I like my chicken to be 'falling of the bone' - in other words I don't take chances with chicken and always make sure it is thoroughly cooked all the way through. Undercooked chicken is a NO-NO!











No comments:

Post a Comment